Aqualyx- Smart Cosmetic Clinic

Aqualyx Injection for Lipoma Removal

Lipoma removal using a high‐frequency ultrasound‐guided injection of a Class III CE‐marked device —Empirical findings

Aqualyx (fat Dissolving) injection: At Smart Cosmetic Clinic we Offer Lipoma removal by injection Fat Dissolving products (Aqualyx) directly into Lipoma using a High-Frequency Ultrasound. Aqualyx™ is a fat dissolving injectable treatment of 12alfa-dihydroxy-5beta-24-oico cholanic acid sodium salts, which is a modified compound of cholanic acid.

Lipoma Removal Study Background

Lipomas are very common benign neoplasms, which constitute 99% of all adipose‐derived tumors. It is very common condition in all men and women and can be in various places in body. Main treatment option includes surgical excision, which is unacceptable for a number of patients seeking ways to improve esthetic appearance of their skin. Therefore, alternative treatment options are being sought.

Objective

The aim of the present study was to assess the efficacy of lipoma removal using a Class III CE‐marked device (Aqualyx™) administered as a high‐frequency ultrasound‐guided injection (intralipotherapy).

Methods

A total of 17 lipomas were treated. The procedure involved a high‐frequency ultrasound‐guided injection. A maximum of 3 injections per a lipoma were performed. High‐frequency ultrasound was used for assessing the size of lipomas and monitoring treatment‐induced changes to the lipomas and adjacent tissue.

Results

Response to treatment was achieved in all cases. A complete removal was achieved in 70.59% of lipomas. The remaining 29.41% of lipomas were not completely removed, yet significantly reduced in size.

Conclusion

An injection of Aqualyx™, a CE‐marked drug, is a good noninvasive treatment of lipomas. Ultrasound guided procedure is recommended, as it ensures appropriate technique and enables monitoring treatment‐induced changes. Considering a low number of published reports of such treatment, it is crucial to continue this research.

References

Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, RK Mlosek, S Malinowska, W Wozniak (2019); Lipoma removal using a high‐frequency ultrasound‐guided injection of a Class III CE‐marked device—Empirical findings, Volume 18, Issue 2, Pages 469-473.

https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.12681

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *